Monday, August 8, 2011

2011 Honors British Lit Class First BLog Post of the Year!

A New Class... Same Blog.... the blogginess continues

Welcome to our  British Literature Class Blog!  This is an exciting tool that we will be using this year to share comments and reflections on the material we will be reading.  Your first assignment is simple.
1) Become a follower of the blog by following the directions to the left of the post.
2) Leave a comment under this post.  Tell us something about yourself and your expectations for this class.
3)  Go to the Google book version of  How To Read a Book  and begin to peruse the text online.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Z5PpkQadm5EC&dq=how+to+read+a+book+by+mortimer+j.+adler&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=en&ei=vrJYTO2MAaOIOODC-OcI&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CD4Q6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=how%20to%20read%20a%20book%20by%20mortimer%20j.%20adler&f=false

Here is a short clip by the author of this book!

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something about myself...well I have a blog too!
    And I really want to prepare for all that college reading we're going to have to do. And have some awesome times with our tiny class :)
    -Christina (don't make fun of my screen name. No idea. It was random. That goes for you too, Courtney.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well... this is my blog.
    I am definitely expecting this class.
    I like the way Mrs Ford used the word "peruse." kudos.
    -the dglove.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm something about myself.... i have a strong sense of sarcasm that frequently shows. And i am looking forward to the discussions we will be having in our class. Christina, i will try not to, but im not making any promises.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't forget to become a follower by clicking on the join this site block to the right of the blog post! Thank you Daniel! Courtney I look forward to your participation! Christina, random can be good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello everybody!! I think I am a follower now... I am excited about this class even though reading is not my favorite.
    I love our small class and I love you Mrs. Ford!!
    Anyways, see you all tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mrs. Ford it's me. If you couldn't already tell from my screen name!
    I can't wait to dig into all the material this year! Literature is my favorite subject so I'm totally looking forward to this class.
    I love our small class. You guys are all amazing.
    Well, I think that's all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Jessica looking forward to it myself! Okay now it is all up to Mr. Singletary to give us a 100% showing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed "How to Read a Book"; the techniques that are explain in the passage was very interesting. This information would have been good to know before I took the reading part of the ACT. Anyways, I am expecting a great time in this class and hope that we have a swell senior year.
    Class of 2012, Eagles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Taurell! Nice work class! We heard from everyone! See you in the morning!

    ReplyDelete